Monday, April 12, 2010

Real Conversations with my Imaginary Fashion Consultant (IFC)

IFC: You need to go change. You can't wear sweatpants in the middle of the day on a work day.

Me: Oh, these aren't sweat pants. They're yoga pants. Besides, I don't work.

IFC: Well the fact that you don't work - that's abundantly clear...but are you doing yoga right now?

Me: Uh, no.

IFC: Have that planned for later, do ya?

Me: Well, no. I'm just wearing these. They're comfortable.

IFC: And yesterday - those velour things, I suppose those weren't sweatpants either?

Me: No - those are more like "leisure wear." It's the new daytime casual.

IFC: Go put some real clothes on for God's sake.

Me: Why? I'm just sitting at home by myself. Why does it matter?

IFC: It matters!

Me: I don't get why.

IFC: That's my whole point...

Just for the record...my imaginary fashion consultant it a total wimp...I'm sitting here in velour leisure pants right now!

2 comments:

  1. I think your IFC visits my home on a regular basis : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most excellent post! And IFC haunts me too. I am wearing sort of velour like pants whose tie I lost a long time ago. They are also flood length. I am matching them with terry cloth ped type things that have grips on the bottom. Top that, you say? A shapeless cotton long sleeve shirt!

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics